In this policy, ‘I’, ‘me’, ‘we’, ‘us’, refers to Claire Grint at Frog & Pencil.
Claire Grint may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24/05/2018.
Information I Collect
To fulfil your query/order/commission, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, and the details of the product/bespoke commission that you’re ordering or making enquiries about or when engaging with me on social media. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information for a bespoke commission.
This information may come directly from you to my Gmail address or via the contact information form found on frogandpencil.com. The contact information form uses the third party SendGrid communication platform to transfer your enquiries to my Gmail address. SendGrid are Privacy Shield Certified.
Frog & Pencil does not use a mailing list. For the purpose of fulfilling enquiries/orders/bespoke commissions, email contact information is stored within my Gmail contacts. Any communication we have had will also be stored within my Gmail account.
frogandpencil.com uses Google Analytics which tracks web activity from each visit to the site. The data captured may include geographical location, length of visit, referral source, page views, browser & operating system, devices used & page navigation. This data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of the website. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving my website and services. This information may be held up to 50 months.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
The information that I will ask of you will only be used to fulfil, complete and deliver any orders or bespoke commissions.
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases/bespoke commissions if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
- I will never use your personal information for direct marketing purposes without obtaining your consent first.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to me & my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my business, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EEA
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
|ARRAffinity||Used by our website host for performance and for the load balancing of website requests to provide a stable user experience.||Session|
|__cfduid||Used by Cloudflare, who manage requests to our website, to apply security settings.||Set by Cloudflare|
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
|_ga||Used to distinguish users.||Set by Google|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users.||Set by Google|
|_gat||Used to throttle request rate.||Set by Google|
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
As of 24/05/2018 we don’t use any cookies of this type.
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
As of 24/05/2018 we don’t use any cookies of this type.
At times on our website, third parties may set cookies over which we have no control, for example, YouTube if you play an embedded video. Please check the privacy and cookie policies of these providers.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Claire Grint, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at hello['at']frogandpencil['dot']com.